Thursday 28 April 2016

How to Shop Your Own Collection

- A tip for skint makeup addicts!



Most of us know the feeling of being in boots and romantically strolling down the makeup isles lusting after everything we see and swatching that gorgeous lipstick only to put it down again because 'I can't really afford it".

Having been a student for the past 3 years this was definitely me and I definitely didn't help myself by making excuses to go into boots as it was on the way home from Uni. I knew I didn't need anymore makeup, but being a collector I really craved the excitement of trying new products.

This is how I came up with the idea of 'shopping my own collection'. Basically I would keep a diary of the makeup I used every day for a week and at the end of the week I would remove everything I had used and for the next week, only choose from what was left in my collection. I found that in doing this I was re-visiting old favourites that had been neglected over time and that this gave me a similar feeling as going out and buying new!

The great thing about 'shopping your own collection' is you can adjust the rules for nearly any size collection. For example if you only have one eye shadow palette, note down the shades you use for a week (or even a day) and only let yourself choose from the ones left - it's that easy!!

Hope this helps,

- EF

No comments:

Post a Comment