Thursday 28 April 2016

Lush Colour Supplement Review & Application


A few months ago I was on the hunt for a new foundation with medium coverage and a natural, healthy finish and when I saw the Colour Supplement in Lush - available here - I thought I'd give it a go.

Lush describe this product as "subtly enhancing the colour of your skin" and that by adding moisturiser it would turn into a tinted moisturiser. They also claim that the product is "protecting and nurturing" which is what initially persuaded me to try it out.


(Lush Colour Supplement: Light Pink)

I found the texture to be thick, comparable to MAC Studio Sculpt, and even though I have a slight yellow undertone to my skin, the light pink shade was the best match. It's much less emollient than your standard foundation too, meaning that it can difficult to blend.

Initially I tried to apply it with a Real Techniques expert face brush which left my skin looking patchy and dehydrated (both on its own and mixed with moisturiser), so back in the draw it went for a few weeks.
Due mainly to my not wanting to waste the money I spent on this foundation (£9.95), I dug it out and began to persevere with a few different methods of application.

Flat foundation brush: streaky and patchy (both with and without moisturiser).
Real Techniques buffing brush: the product dragged and became patchy (both with and without moisturiser).
Beauty Blender: Surprisingly proved the most stubborn to blend as it work so wonderfully with literally every other product I have (without moisturiser).

Just as I was beginning to loose hope the penny dropped. The only other foundation I could compare it to was MAC Studio Sculpt with which I can only get a truly flawless finish using a duo fibre brush (I used the MAC 188) and kind of flicking the product onto the skin in a sort of dusting motion (honestly the best way I can describe it). At the same time I should say this isn't a dupe for the Studio Sculpt as it lacks the gel-like texture and doesn't quite give the same level of coverage.

So I tried it with the 188 and I swear I heard angels singing - I'd finally found how to get the best out of the Lush Colour Supplement!!


(Finish when applied with MAC 188)
I know this may sound silly to some, but I really did struggle to find the best way of applying this foundation and I'm glad I persevered as this is now one of my favourite bases for a natural but flawless coverage.

-EF


No comments:

Post a Comment